Bouncing back. A “new normal.” Burnout. Do these sound familiar to you? Over the past year, healthcare staff have have been experiencing unprecedented levels of stress. From front-desk staff to providers, all Community Health Center staff have been affected by the pandemic. Now, more than ever, it’s important to remember to take time to care for ourselves. MNACHC has compiled these resources to guide and inspire resiliency within our CHC staff.
- Virtual NACHC 2021 Biennial Workforce Summit (FREE!)
- May 26 & 27
- A joint effort of workforce-focused HRSA National Training and Technical Assistance Partners: NACHC, Association of Clinicians for the Underserved STAR2 Center, and Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute.
- Among other workforce topics, participants will learn to define and identify strategies to reengage and rebuild a workforce family suffering from burnout, compassion fatigue, moral injury, and moral distress
- Virtual Course: Mental Health and Well-being During and After COVID-19
- A new, short Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) Open School course recommends actions for a difficult time. This free course offers practical ways for individual health care workers to promote their own health and well-being, and for team leaders to support staff and facilitate peer support and connections every day — especially during and after the COVID-19 pandemic. Register and browse the course catalog to learn more.
- *Must create a free IHI account to access courses
- Virtual Workshop: Agility & Resilience in Healthcare Leadership: Key Behaviors for Leading Change
- July 7, 14, and 21
- This advanced-level, training offers approaches to develop leadership qualities to help you keep up with and manage the endless influx of external and internal changes you may face at your health center.
- Early bird registration: $449 ($549 regular registration)
Resources & Recordings
- STAR2 Center Recorded Webinar: Mitigating Burnout and Maintaining Provider Satisfaction During Vaccination Rollouts
- ECRI Recorded Webinar: Strategies for Resilience: Provider and Staff Mental Health
- *Must make a free ECRI account to view
- Lack of Sleep, Burnout May Increase COVID-19 Risk among High-Risk Healthcare Workers, Study Says
- A Minnesota Story of Resiliency and Power: Black Nurses Rock