The Protocol for Responding to and Assessing Patients’ Assets, Risks, and Experiences (PRAPARE) is a standardized tool for collecting social determinants of health (SDH) data to better serve diverse patient populations. PRAPARE was developed by NACHC, and has been piloted nationwide with FQHCs using a variety of EHR systems. When collected in a consistent manner, SDH data can be leveraged to better address social needs, improve population health, facilitate linkages to community resources, and support value-based payment. Ultimately, PRAPARE allows health centers to better capture unique factors that inform patient care and impact health outcomes. Data collected through the PRAPARE tool can be used to drive care transformation, integration, health improvement, and reduce overall costs.
Click here to learn more about the PRAPARE tool.
Thinking about implementing PRAPARE?
Check out this implementation guide that MNACHC has created to help you with the implementation process!
MNACHC is ready and available to help you with PRAPARE implementation! We are happy to help with the following:
- Provide on-site or virtual training and technical assistance
- Facilitate information sharing and collaborative learning among health centers utilizing PRAPARE
- Connect health centers to NACHC and the PRAPARE Academy learning community resources as needed
- Assist health centers in integrating PRAPARE into their workflow and EHR systems
Anything else you need help with!
- Recorded Trainings and Webinars Now Available on NACHC’s YouTube Channel: a place to view presentations and webinars ranging from PRAPARE 101 to specific electronic health record template functionalities. Stay tuned for future recorded webinars.
Additional PRAPARE Resources
*Note: many of these resources are referenced in MNACHC’s PRAPARE Implementation Guide.
PRAPARE Implementation and Action Toolkit Chapters available at http://www.nachc.org/research-and-data/prapare/toolkit/
Assess Readiness and Develop Messaging
|PRAPARE Readiness Assessment
PRAPARE Data Collection Assessment to document and assess current collection methods
Strategize Implementation and Plan Pilot
|MNACHC’s PRAPARE Chapters 3 & 5 Presentation
Empathy Inquiry Videos:
Responding to your data
|Materials from HITEQ Population Health Management Training|
|ICD-10 Z Codes for Social Determinants of Health
EHR Training Materials:
Collect PRAPARE data and evaluate effectiveness of PRAPARE resources
|NACHC Population Health Management Risk Stratification Action Guide|