Website Lake Superior Community Health Center
Lake Superior Community Health Center is currently seeking a Director, Wisconsin Outpatient Behavior Health and Substance Abuse.
The Director, Wisconsin Outpatient Behavior Health and Substance Abuse provides primary administrative and clinical supervision to a team of behavioral health clinicians and substance abuse counselors and technicians. Works cooperatively with the behavioral health clinic manager, clinicians and counselors, and support staff to ensure that the outpatient behavioral health and substance abuse program meets quality, service, financial and other established expectations. Works with the Manager of Credentialing and Billing, the HR Manager and others to ensure staff are appropriately credentialed, trained and licensed. Ensure that the program meets all certification and licensing standards as well as HRSA program requirements and contractual requirements. Provide behavioral health services and interventions to targeted clients and consultation to medical providers and related care team members utilizing an integrated behavioral health model. Works with the CEO and Director of QI, Compliance and Risk to fully implement the risk management and QI plans and participate in quality and risk management-related activities.
The Director is a licensed mental health professional who also provides direct services approximately 50% of their time.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Leadership Duties
- Ensure the program is appropriately staffed and work with HR to hire, train and orient clinicians and counselors
- Work cooperatively with the clinic manager to oversee program operations to ensure the program meets certification, licensing, HRSA, financial and operational goals and requirements.
- Provide clinical supervision to the outpatient behavioral health and substance abuse team members as required by state and/or federal law or as considered best practice
- Represent LSCHC in the community for behavioral health and substance abuse related program discussions
- Recommend program changes as necessary to fully integrate services across services lines and work cooperatively with other providers and with all clinicians to achieve integration goals.
- Work cooperatively with the Director of QI, Compliance and Risk to ensure that QI goals are met, compliance matters are addressed and that work associated with the outpatient behavioral health and substance abuse team is fully integrated into the organization’s risk management program.
- Work with clinicians and counselors to ensure their work meets productivity and quality guidelines and benchmarks.
- Clinical Duties
- Provide on-site crisis triage and intervention as needed
- Provide clinical consultation to medical providers and related team members on behavioral health, case management, motivational interviewing and related issues
- Provide behavioral health assessment, diagnosis, and treatment, including needed referrals and follow-up care
- Maintain proper documentation in EHR according to clinical guidelines and operational procedures
- Comply with organizational policies, procedures, standards of care and related laws and regulations, including HIPAA and OSHA regulations
- Licensed mental health professional with at least two years of clinical experience.
- Licensed or license eligible in both Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Two years of experience in a community mental health or comparable setting, developing and implementing budgets, developing and supervising programs, supervising staff, and developing and implementing grant funded and fee for service programs.
- Able to meet all required credentialing and privileging requirements.
- Meet all requirements for FTCA coverage.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to provide service to persons of all economic levels and cultural backgrounds in sensitive, non-judgmental way.
- Ability to evaluate, diagnose, and counsel clients independently.
- Ability to provide brief, solution-focused behavioral health interventions.
- Ability to work with HR to hire, orient and train new program clinical staff.
- Ability to obtain and maintain knowledge of practiced standards, HRSA program requirements, contractual obligations, certification requirements, funder requirements ad any other applicable requirements, and ensure that program processes and staff meet these requirements as applicable.
- Ability to work with the clinic manager to ensure that productivity standards and other financial benchmarks are met.
- Ability to work with the clinic manager to develop and manage the program related budget
- Ability to represent LSCHC in the community in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to obtain and maintain knowledge of all clinical and program ethical requirements and to ensure that all program staff maintain them as well
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond to multiple demands and prioritize.
Licensure and Credentials:
- Licensure appropriate to field of study; eligible for licensure in MN and WI.
To apply for this job please visit lschc.org.