Website Sawtooth Mountain Clinic
Sawtooth Mountain Clinic is seeking a professional and compassionate RN to join our Triage team. Join an excellent team of nurses and primary care providers on the beautiful north shore of Lake Superior. We provide comprehensive primary care services from newborn to elder care, including pre and postnatal care, to residents and visitors of Cook County, MN.
The Sawtooth Mountain Clinic (SMC) Triage Nurse provides accurate and compassionate care to patients seeking phone Triage assistance. The Triage Nurse utilizes all resources and guidelines at their disposal to effectively assess, prioritize, advise, and/or schedule patient appointments, or refer calls when necessary to the appropriate medical personnel. The Triage Nurse carries out these and other nursing duties as designated in a manner that is professional and efficient, always keeping the care of patients and needs of the Providers as priorities.
- Answer SMC Triage phone calls and respond to patient needs as well as calls for SMC Providers
- Accurately and efficiently utilize the nursing process, SMC Triage software, and approved SMC guidelines in order to assist in obtaining the appropriate level of care and/or self-care advice for patients
- Notify patients of lab, x-ray and test results, as directed by SMC Providers
- Ensure appropriate scheduling of triaged patient appointments in EHR
- Execute accurate and thorough documentation and management of electronic desktops according to SMC protocols
- Respond to walk-in triage appointment requests as needed
- Respond to calls or electronic contact from other collaborative teams and agencies such as the SMC Pharmacy team, North Shore Health Care Center as appropriate
- All duties as directed and/or requested by the Health Care Home Team
- All other duties as directed and/or requested by the Sawtooth Mountain Clinic Chief Executive Officer and SMC Providers
- Registered Nurse, licensed in MN
- Hospital or Clinic nursing background
- Previous work experience in contact with the public
- Proficiency in EHR systems and with general office technologies
- Organization and administrative skills
Salary: Commensurate with educational background and experience
Benefits: Excellent health and dental insurance, generous PTO, paid holidays, employer-funded 401k, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance.
Status: 40 hours/week, full-time, non-exempt
Sawtooth Mountain Clinic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit sawtoothmountainclinic.org.