Website United Family Medicine
United Family Medicine (UFM) is a Federally-Qualified Health Center in St. Paul, where patients receive community-based Family Practice medical care in addition to mental health, dentistry, social work and other integrated services. When joining UFM, you become part of a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming team who are dedicated to serving our patients and pursuing our mission to deliver excellent healthcare for all and training for the providers of tomorrow.
United Family Medicine is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant- Accounts Payable.
This is a hybrid position, with the ability to work in the office and from home.
- Process accounts payable (A/P), which includes:
- – Access vendor websites and download invoices.
- – Verify purchase requisitions, contracts, or other supporting documentation match the invoice(s).
- – Verify receiving receipts are attached to invoice.
- – Obtain appropriate invoice approvals as required.
- – Enter vendor invoices into Great Plains accounting system.
- – Prepare and process check run based on disbursement calendar.
- – Mail checks after invoices and checks have been reviewed and approved by CFO or CEO.
- Process credit card statements for timely payment and ensure that appropriate receipts have been provided to accounting and expenses meet organizational policy for expenses and credit card usage prior to payment. Investigate any discrepancies.
- Investigate (in a timely manner) discrepancies between contacts, purchase requisition, receiving receipts and invoices including contacting vendors for invoices when packing slips have been received and an invoice is not posted, or there are disputes with line items on an invoice presented for payment.
- Reconcile vendor statement in a timely manner.
- Process employee expense reports in according to organization policy.
- Photocopy checks and file.
- Attach check stubs to invoices and file.
- Scan AP check copies for storage on network.
- Obtain appropriate approval for setting up new vendors in accounting system and obtain W9 and other necessary documentation prior to processing vendor invoices for payment.
- Process patient and health plan refunds approved by Revenue Cycle Manager in a timely manner.
- Verify and scan Business office deposit documentation.
- Maintain HealthPartners Occupational Health spreadsheets – email to management monthly.
- Upload AP checks processed to US Bank (Positive Pay).
- Create bank deposits for Main Clinic and Dentistry Clinic and post to GL.
- Scan bank deposits for backup.
- Enter bank transactions in accounting system from daily US Bank report.
- Access and print online reports for HSA, FSA & Cobra as backup for daily bank transactions.
Point of Service Cash Reconciliation
- Audit front desk cash bags.
- Make change for front desk staff.
- Issue/Collect cash bags for incoming and outgoing front desk staff.
- Reconcile front desk, dental, and business office cash, check & credit card transactions for prior day.
- Prepare weekly deposits for front desk and dental collections.
- Create reports for use in reconciling Front Desk and Business Office in Excellian and Converge.
- Format and print Business Office reports for each user.
- Monthly reconcile Accounts Payable subsidiary ledger with general ledger and work with GL staff accountant related to any discrepancies.
- Prepare month-end journal entries and account reconciliation for assigned accounts.
- Assist accounting department with maintaining segregation of duties as defined within organization internal audit control documentation.
- Provide back-up for accounting Team during planned and unplanned absences.
- Support organizational audits and reviews including: financial audit; single audit; HRSA site visits; insurance audits, and: other engagements as needed.
- Maintain up to date process and procedure records for duties and responsibilities within the department.
- Support CFO with special projects and duties as assigned.
- Sort and deliver the administration department’s mail.
Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information; prepare complete and accurate accounting reports.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization, Federally Qualified Health Center preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and keen attention to details.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting best practices and understanding of and ability to adhere to GAAP principles.
- Proficient with technology – MS Excel, payroll and accounting systems experience.
- Collaborative work style and positive demeanor.
- Self-directed, ability to perform detailed work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated aptitude for analyzing financial data.
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential and sensitive information, possess a high degree of personal integrity and sound judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present ideas and deliverables to internal and external stakeholders, vendors, or other entities.
- Customer service oriented with ability to meet the needs of internal and external customers on a timely basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field with 3+ years of experience, or the equivalent amount of training and hands-on experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Great Plains or Sage software knowledge preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Screen time
There are many benefits to joining our team but a few of the highlights include:
- Paid holidays.
- Generous PTO accrual with immediate access.
- 403 (b) retirement plan with the company match and 100% vested immediately.
- Benefits enrollment starts the first of the month after the hire date.
- Health insurance plan options and HSA plans with an employer contribution. Dental, vision, short-term disability, HSA, health care and dependent care FSA options.
- Employer-sponsored Life w/AD&D and Long term disability.
UFM is an equal opportunity employer.
Beginning January 4, 2022, all job offers are conditioned on the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine authorized for emergency use or FDA-approved. A person is only considered “fully vaccinated” two weeks after receiving a single J&J vaccine or a second Pfizer or Moderna vaccine shot.
In addition, job offers made during flu season are conditioned on the candidate receiving the annual flu vaccination before their start date.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,120.00 – $76,328.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
All employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Eagan, MN 55121: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- GAAP: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.