Website Minnesota Community Care
THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR A SIGN ON BONUS OF $1500!! FIRST HALF WILL BE PAID OUT ON THE FIRST PAYCHECK FOLLOWING 6 MONTHS OF EMPLOYMENT AND THE FINAL HALF WILL BE PAID OUT AFTER ON THE FIRST PAYCHECK FOLLOWING ONE YEAR OF EMPLOYMENT!
The Registered Nurse performs professional nursing practice (assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation) in the care of clinic patients in a culturally diverse population. Provides direct patient care to promote the restoration of health and achievement of patient health goals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide general ambulatory health care to patients, including administration and/or dispensing of prescribed medications, vaccines and treatments in accordance with clinic policies and procedures
- Set priorities and organizes work to deliver safe and efficient patient care
- Utilize critical thinking skills to assess, collect and analyze patient information, prioritize and intervene in multiple encounters in daily clinic operations
- Conduct patient telephone and walk-in triage through use of nursing assessment skills, clinical background/knowledge and use of decision support tools approved by Minnesota Community Care to systematically assess and address patient needs
- Work with provider(s) to care for patients as a collaborative member of the clinic medical home team. Engages in patient case management/preventive health and chronic disease management within the scope of the RN’s training and licensure. Collaborate with the primary care team, conducts patient visits, provide support for provider visits, and engages in patient education
- Respond effectively to urgent/emergency situations
- Act on nursing standing orders per established MCC policies and procedures in regards to medication refills, prior authorizations, treatments, etc
- Ensure smooth, efficient clinic flow
- Monitor clinic safety and observance of standard precautions
- Assist with inventory management and ordering of clinical supplies and pharmaceuticals
- Provide direction to unlicensed staff as needed
- May direct the daily activities of nursing and other staff; ensure smooth, efficient patient flow. Ensure successful completion of “end of day” activities
- Serve as administrative authority for the smooth function of all patient care on the floors in the absence of nursing supervisor or clinic manager. Monitors work flow in clinic to insure smooth daily operations. This includes monitoring work in progress (desktop/phone notes/order completion) of RN and MA staff, waiting and exam rooms. Provides clinical assistance where needed to overcome temporary workflow congestion
- Communicate with clinic manager regarding general work flow within the clinic and immediately notifies clinic manager of urgent concerns during the shift
- Attend required meetings and participate in committees as requested
- Facilitate team building and positive work environment
Work Demands and Physical Demands
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping all day. This role also routinely comes into contact with patients who may have contagious illnesses.
Who We Are
As Minnesota’s largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care. Our patients predominantly identify as people of color (80%), low-wealth (61% patients = 200% FPL), and un/under-insured (40% uninsured, 45% publicly insured) (UDS, 2020).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minnesota Community Care values building a culturally diverse staff that reflects the communities it serves, and strongly encourages women, minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply. Minnesota Community Care is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
Required Education and Experience
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program
- Current Minnesota RN license without restriction
- CPR certification
- One to two years’ experience in the ambulatory care setting preferred
- Proof of COVID Vaccination Required, Religious and Medical exemption will be considered
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.