Website Southside Community Health Services
The RN will provide skilled nursing care, education, triage and case management for patients.
- Provide skilled nursing care to patients so as to maximize their well-being and recovery from medical ailments.
- Provide health education and counseling in person, over the phone and via written correspondence to clients regarding disease conditions and health maintenance. Major areas to include prenatal education, diabetes, asthma, family planning, STD’s, child development, and hypertension. Prepare, order and maintain inventory of health education materials.
- Instruct patients regarding proper home care, preparation for test, teach and evaluate client’s understanding of his/her medication schedule and review outward side effects of these medications.
- Supervise and/or delegate tasks to unlicensed assistive personnel.
- Triage daily walk-in patients and assist with supporting patient flow through the clinic including but not limited to assisting with laboratory procedures/draws, rooming patients for visits and assisting providers with procedures/patient education.
- Maintain patient registry and tracking systems as assigned. Provide ongoing case management of patients and refer patients to HealthCare Home care coordination when appropriate.
- Serve and participate as requested in staff meetings, continuous quality improvement, and other process development opportunities within the organization.
- Review charts for medication refills. Document refills appropriately. Complete all Medication Prior Authorization Requests within 24 hours.
- Contact patients regarding abnormal lab results and provider instructions.
- Handle patient telephone calls and voicemails.
- Close EHR encounters within 48 hours.
- Maintain medication sample closet and other supply inventory.
- Various administrative duties.
- Assist with other duties and responsibilities as reasonably assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Confidence, professional judgment, and grace under pressure.
- Strong clinical, human relations and leadership skills.
- Works well both independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility–nimble in response to an evolving workload.
- Independent, critical thinking; problem solving and sound decision maker.
- Ability to exhibit good rapport with clients of varying ethnic backgrounds and socio-economic status.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Systematic approach to tasks that ensures consistent output quality.
- Attention to detail.
- Commitment to the SCHS missionand staff values.
- Valid and active RN license to practice in Minnesota.
- CPR Certification.
- Licenses and certifications in good standing.
- Experience in family practice or ambulatory care setting to include education, direct patient care and triage.
- Education and/or experience in the areas of community or public health a plus.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.southsidechs.org.