Website Minnesota Community Care
The Registered Dental Hygienist performs professional dental hygiene practice (assessment, planning, treatment and recall) in the care of clinic patients in a culturally diverse population. Provides direct patient care to promote the restoration of oral health and achievement of patient oral health goals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Provide general dental hygiene care to patients, including dental imaging, prophylaxis, scaling and root planning, fluoride and dental sealant treatments in accordance with the Minnesota Board of Dentistry and Minnesota Community Care dental clinic policies and procedures
- Set priorities and organizes work to deliver safe and efficient patient care
- Utilize critical thinking skills to assess, collect and analyze patient information, document dental charting in electronic patient record, prioritize and intervene in multiple encounters in daily dental clinic operations
- Work with provider(s) to care for patients as a collaborative member of the dental clinic team. Engages in patient dental care management/preventive dental care and chronic dental disease management within the scope of the RDH’s training and licensure. Collaborate with the primary dental care team, conducts patient visits, provide support for provider visits, and engages in patient education
- Oversee/assist with dental hygiene inventory management and ordering of clinical supplies and pharmaceuticals
- Attend required meetings and participate in committees as requested
- Facilitate team building and positive work environment
Who We Are
As Minnesota’s largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care. Our patients predominantly identify as people of color (80%), low-wealth (61% patients = 200% FPL), and un/under-insured (40% uninsured, 45% publicly insured) (UDS, 2020).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minnesota Community Care values building a culturally diverse staff that reflects the communities it serves, and strongly encourages women, minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply. Minnesota Community Care is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education and Experience
- Graduation from an accredited dental hygiene program
- Current Minnesota RDH license
- CPR certification
- Proof of COVID Vaccination Required, Religious and Medical exemption will be considered
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in the general dental care setting
- Public health dental care interest/experience
- Experience working in a multi-site environment is highly desired
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Commitment to driving diversity, equity and inclusion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication, leadership, and planning skills
- Proven strategic agility, ability to succeed in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Proficient with Dentrix and Dexis or related software
- Demonstrated success in working effectively with target population(s)
- Change Agile; ability to operate in the gray and flex to new developments or situations
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a healthcare setting. This role may occasionally come into contact with patients who may have contagious illnesses. This position is very active and requires standing, and/or walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping. The employee may need to lift and/or move items over 20 pounds.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
Minnesota Community Care is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.