Website Lake Superior Community Health Center
The Referral Coordinator works within the clinical care team to assure quality patient care and to support the goals of Lake Superior Community Health Center.
Job Qualifications and Credentials:
- High School diploma.
- Computer experience.
- Minimum of one year experience in medical scheduling or reception.
- Familiarity with general office equipment.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, as required by position.
- Knowledge of Medical terminology.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work efficiently and productively at all times.
- Ability to maintain an even temperament with patients and staff.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to use problem-solving, decision-making skills and good judgment.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills including the ability to use tact, collaboration, and diplomacy when working with others.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to receive and follow through with delegated tasks and accountability.
- Creating, maintaining and completing referral documentation in the EHR.
- Tracking referrals to promote team awareness and ensure patient safety.
- Ensure complete and accurate registration, including patient demographic and current insurance information.
- Assemble information concerning patient’s clinical background and referral needs. Per referral guidelines, provide appropriate clinical information to specialist.
- Ensure prior approval requirements are met.
- Review details and expectations about the referral with patients.
- Assist patients in problem solving potential issues related to the health care system, financial or social barriers (e.g. request interpreters as appropriate, transportation services or prescription assistance).
- Be the system navigator and point of contact for patients and families; be available for patients and families to directly ask questions and raise concerns.
- Identify and utilize cultural and community resources. Establish and maintain relationships with identified service providers.
- Ensure that referrals are addressed in a timely manner.
- Remind patients of scheduled appointments via mail or phone.
- Ensure that referrals are completed with appropriate visit documentation scanned into the EHR system.
- Serve as a positive, enthusiastic, professional, and proactive member of the Health Care Home team.
- Utilize patient- and family-centered care principles as a member of the Health Care Home team.
To apply for this job please visit lschc.org.