Website People's Center Clinics & Services
Join our organization whose mission is improving lives, transforming communities, and achieving health equity for everyone. People’s Center Clinics & Services (PCCS) is a Federally Qualified Health Center located in the heart of Minneapolis, Minnesota. We are physicians, dentists, nurses, social workers, care coordinators, and other healthcare and administrative staff, and serve nearly 10,000 patients every year through medical, dental, and behavioral services.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
• Health, Dental, and vision insurance
• Retirement plan with company contribution
• 4 weeks of paid time off
• 8 annual holidays
• Company paid life insurance benefit
• Company-paid Short -Term and Long-Term Disability benefits
Function as the first point of contact for patients contacting and utilizing PCCS for health care services. Ensure the timely and accurate collection of important patient information needed to schedule appointments, payment for services, and create/maintain medical records. Function as a resource to patients. Maintain the confidentiality of patient and PCHS information. Uphold and ensure compliance with and attention to all corporate policies and procedures, as well as the mission and values of the organization.
• Perform complete patient registration, including medical record maintenance and related processes by providing appropriate front desk, receptionist, and scheduling services to patients and other visitors to the clinic.
• Check in patients for appointments and ensure all relevant patient registration records collected are accurate, current, and completed in a timely manner.
• Collect payments, provide receipts to patients, and accurately record all credit cards and cash received for payments.
• Distribute, record and collects fees for parking vouchers.
• Schedule all appointments for medical, behavioral health, patient-centered medical care, dental, and TAMs appointments to ensure budgeted unit and individual provider productivity goals are met.
• Ensure required registration process information is prepared accurately and in a timely manner.
• Ensure established procedures and protocols for patient reminders and no-show calls are completed daily.
• Ensure and uphold the confidentiality requirements of all patient records, and all other daily tasks and activities are consistent with HIPAA, state and federal laws and regulations, as well as the clinic’s policies and regulations regarding confidentiality and security.
• Work closely with the triage nurse as necessary to screen walk-in patients as described in the procedure and protocol.
• Develop and ensure effective, positive relationships within and among the medical assistants, registered nurses, medical providers, dental assistants, and hygienists as well as with patients, vendors, contractors, translators, and others.
• Develop and ensure effective teamwork skills are demonstrated and built upon.
• Support and follow-through with health care quality measures and patient-centered medical home tasks as assigned.
• Communicate verbally and/or by writing with staff members, patients, and their families.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Demonstrated success in communication, customer service, or working with the general public, preferably in a health care facility.
• Demonstrated success in managing difficult customer situations.
• Demonstrated success in general computer competence including basic Word and potential to be trained on specific software for patient information, billing, and communication.
• Knowledge of medical and/or dental terminology preferred.
• EPIC software knowledge a major plus.
• Must be able to speak read, write, and understand English.
• Fluency in another language preferred
• Ability to demonstrate effective, culturally sensitive communication skills and effectively communicate verbally and in writing with a variety of people.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Excellent customer service skills with an ability to establish and maintain working relationships with patients, employees, and the public.
• Dependable, reliable with strong attention to detail
• Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• A commitment to diversity and to working with people and communities of color
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.