Website Southside Community Health Services
This position exists to ensure efficient patient flow and excellent customer service, to provide clients with information regarding appointments and services and to ensure prompt collection of fees at the time of service.
- Answer the telephone during clinic hours, provide information and/or take messages as appropriate.
- Schedule and confirm dental appointments; assure patient flow is moving at required pace. Able to identify patient needs to ensure appropriate scheduling of appointments.
- At least 24 hours prior to patient appointment, ensure pre-visit process is followed.
- Greet patients and update registration information at time of visit; assist new patients when necessary in completing registration forms.
- Assign established charges to provider activities; total account balances and collect payments for services rendered at time of visit.
- Verify insurance information prior to visit and upon registration/check-in; identify opportunities when a patient may benefit from meeting with enabling services (Patient Advocate); assure charge sheet information is complete before turning over to billing clerk.
- Serve and participate as requested in staff meetings, continuous quality improvement, and other process development opportunities within the organization.
- Ensure that the front office area is kept clean and orderly.
- Assist with any interpreting, if needed.
- Call Center staff works on the Mail Return work queue list from EPIC.
- Call Center staff contacts in-house patient referrals to schedule appointments and track the dental referral.
- Assist with other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Confidence, professional judgment, and grace under pressure.
- Works well both independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Flexibility–nimble in response to an evolving workload.
- Ability to exhibit good rapport with clients of varying ethnic backgrounds and socio-economic status.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks without feeling overwhelmed.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Commitment to the SCHS missionand staff values.
- Training as a dental assistant or receptionist and experience in scheduling dental appointments.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Good computer skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.southsidechs.org.