Website Lake Superior Community Health Center
The Mental Health Therapist will provide mental health services and interventions to targeted clients of all ages and consultation to medical providers and related care team members utilizing an integrated behavioral health model.
- Masters Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to provide service to persons of all economic levels and cultural backgrounds in sensitive, non-judgmental way.
- Ability to evaluate, diagnose, and counsel clients independently.
- Ability to provide brief, solution-focused behavioral health interventions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond to multiple demands and prioritize.
- See patients of all ages however specific age groups include elementary age children and some school-based work.
Licensure and Credentials:
- Licensure appropriate to field of study. Eligible for licensure in MN and WI.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, co-manage individual patient care, including consistent and expedited feedback to primary care provider
- Provide on-site crisis triage and intervention as needed
- Provide behavioral health care for LSCHC patients, including assessments and intervention geared toward positive behavioral change
- Provide clinical consultation to medical providers and related team members on behavioral health issues
- Provide behavioral health assessment, diagnosis, and treatment, including needed referrals and follow-up care
- Maintain proper documentation in EHR according to clinical guidelines and operational procedures
- Comply with organizational policies, procedures, standards of care and related laws and regulations, including HIPAA and OSHA regulations
- See patients of all ages however specific age groups include elementary age children and some school-based work. Experience with ages 0-5 a plus.
To apply for this job please visit lschc.org.