Website People's Center Clinics & Services
Join our organization whose mission is improving lives, transforming communities and achieving health equity for everyone. People’s Center Clinics & Services (PCCS) is a Federally Qualified Health Center located in the heart of Minneapolis, Minnesota. We are physicians, dentists, nurses, social workers, care coordinators and other healthcare and administrative staff, and serve nearly 10,000 patients every year through medical, dental, and behavioral services.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
• Health, Dental, and vision insurance
• Retirement plan with company contribution
• 4 weeks of paid time off
• 8 annual holidays
• Company paid life insurance benefit
• Company-paid Short -Term and Long-Term Disability benefits
Medical assistant provides a variety of technical, clerical, receptionist, and patient care services under the supervision of nurses or medical practitioners. Medical Assistant supports practitioners and other members of health care team by gathering patient medical history, taking and recording vital sign information, and assisting with minor, office-based procedures. Medical assistants is essential to deliver high-quality patient care.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant Program
- One to two years experience in a clinic/medical setting.
- OB experience preferred
- Certified Medical Assistant preferred
- Prepare patient for examinations, procedures and treatments.
- Coordinate Referrals to specialty clinics or services.
- Perform COVID 19 tests in Drive-up and Pop-up Clinic.
- Obtain vital signs.
- Assist with examinations, procedures, and treatments.
- Maintain examination/treatment rooms, including inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Collects and process specimens.
- Performs CLIA-waived tests, and basic laboratory tests.
- Perform electrocardiography and respiratory testing.
- Perform phlebotomy, including venipuncture and capillary puncture.
- Performs routine diagnostic procedures including audiograms, vision testing, TB skin tests, injections, ear irrigations and assist with minor surgery.
- Removing sutures and changing dressings.
- Responsible for Medical Assistants daily assignments, tracking attendance and schedules.
- Utilize computer and other electronic equipment to support office operations.
- Screen and follow up test results.
- Recognize and respond to emergencies.
- Document patient communication and clinical treatments accurately and appropriately.
- Assist providers and nurses with patient tracking and education.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of principles of health promotion and disease prevention and life style enhancements.
- Consistently works well with people of different cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- General Computer skills.
- Excellent organization and record keeping skills.
- Skill in use of medical equipment, medical records, routine laboratory procedures and aseptic techniques.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.