Website Lake Superior Community Health Center
Lake Superior Community Health Center is seeking a Full-Time Medical Assistant. This position would work at our Duluth MN location.
The Medical Assistant works within the clinical care team to assure quality patient care and to support the goals of Lake Superior Community Health Center. The medical Assistant (MA) will perform delegated clinical, clerical, and administrative duties within the supervising physician’s scope of practice consistent with the MAs education, training, and experience. Such duties shall not constitute the practice of medicine. The physician supervision shall be active and continuous, but shall not necessarily require the physical presence of the supervising physician at the time and place that the services are rendered.
- Serve as a positive, enthusiastic, professional, and proactive member of the Health Care Home team.
- Assist with pre-visit planning for patients including review of routine labs, preventative services, immunizations, and acquiring supporting documentation from other providers.
- Participate in team huddles on a daily basis to discuss the daily schedule and anticipate needs for the day.
- Provide direct care to patients and assist health providers with clinical procedures consistent with protocols.
- Assure patient flow is efficient, providers are on-time, and patients are redistributed as necessary in order to stay on-time.
- Look for gaps in care and send reminder letters (i.e. diabetic visits, annual physicals, immunizations, well child visits, and missed visits)
- Open exam rooms at beginning of the day and close at end of the day.
- Prepare patients for appointment:
- MDQ (mood disorder-bipolar)
- Beck Anxiety Inventory (anxiety)
- PDQ-II for children ages 6 and under (developmental assessment)
- Obtain urine specimen for patients with dysuria.
- Prepare patient and room:
- Diabetics – feet exposed and monofilament available
- Female pelvic exam – gowned and pelvic exam supplies available
- Annual physical – gowned
- Enter self-reported patient history forms into medical record.
- Perform EKGs as directed by the provider.
- Update medical record with completed preventative care (colonoscopy, mammogram, pap, immunizations).
- Manage patient referrals in conjunction with HIS Clerk, with primary function to assist patient in scheduling initial appointment.
- Discharge patients.
Job Qualifications and Credentials:
- Graduate of an accredited medical assisting program; current Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) credential preferred.
- Able to provide health care in a sensitive, nonjudgmental manner to persons of all economic levels and cultural backgrounds.
- Computer experience.
- Familiarity with general office equipment.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, as required by position.
To apply for this job please visit lschc.org.