Website NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center
What makes NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center, Inc. unique?
- Established organization that has been serving and delivering community services in North Minneapolis for more than 50 years.
- Community based organization that offers integrated services in one location: a community food shelf, employment and training support, behavior and mental health services, medical and dental clinic, advocacy, as well as other services and resources.
- Passion to offer community based services that address the social determinants of health in a way that benefits individuals and families as they seek new methods, services and resources to achieve their goals.
Service-Focused. Relationship-Builder. Communicator.
Accountable. Respectful. Non-Judgmental.
Do these words describe you? NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center, Inc. (NorthPoint) is seeking experienced
3 Part-time Spanish Interpreters
General Statement of Job:
The Interpreter is responsible for accurately interpreting statements between patients, clients and/or participants and staff. This requires the ability to converse in English and Spanish in a clinical setting.
- High school diploma or GED, Associate’s degree or Certificate in Translation and Interpreting, preferred.
- Minimum of six months of experience in providing language interpretive services in a health care setting.
- Must have passed the language speaking proficiency exam at the Advanced-Mid level in the primary language (English or the non-English language) and at the Intermediate High level in the secondary language, as determined by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign languages proficiency Guidelines or other authority selected by the employer by the end of the probationary period.
- Sign Language Interpreters must have passed one of the following sign language certifications by the end of the introductory period: National Interpreter Certification (NIC), or Certification of Transliteration (CT).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of health care/clinic vernacular, systems, procedures, policies and practices, interpreter ethical standards and interpreter competency standards.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to effectively communicate program concepts and terminology appropriate to the relevant business line in both English and non-English languages.
- Experience interacting with persons from diverse cultural backgrounds including cultures other than their own.
- Must be listed on the Minnesota Interpreter Registration.
The passion and dedication of our employees makes this a great place to work! If you are seeking a rewarding and challenging position that makes a difference in the community, NorthPoint is for you! .
To apply for this job please visit northpointhealth.isolvedhire.com.