Website Open Door Health Center
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day management and administration of human resources functions and duties. The HR Coordinator carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following areas: staff recruitment and retention, benefits, employment regulations and legal compliance, employee relations, payroll processing, student rotations and staff development. In addition, the HR Coordinator provides direct support to the Director of People and Culture for development of staff, processes, and policies. This position must maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Manage staff recruiting at all sites; work with DPC and other leadership to anticipate and identify needs.
- Develop and communicate employee offer letters and agreements.
- Respond to employment, volunteer, or intern inquiries and direct to appropriate manager.
- Work with hiring managers on request for hire forms for staff, volunteers, interns, students, etc.
- Prepare and post job postings on recruiting job boards, school job boards, ODHC website, publications, and media sites.
- Conduct pre-interview phone screens.
- Manage the in-person interview process.
- Participate in job fairs, recruiting and human resources development events.
- Ensure hiring process is complete for each person (documents, reference check, background check, drug screen, create personnel file, IT Ticket, etc.)
- Conduct new staff on boarding process (required forms, orientation, training, tours, introductions to staff, etc.)
- Conduct volunteer and intern/student orientation; maintain spreadsheet.
- Conduct exit interviews, bringing suggestions for improvement of staff morale issues to Leadership.
- Payroll and Benefits:
- Process biweekly Payroll/Benefits
- Ensure timely enrollment of new hires into PayChex , Bamboo and Ease.
- Manage all benefits annual open enrollment.
- Oversee benefits and staff benefits education as needed.
- Processing all Reconciliations of Billings
- Participate in the ODHC Wellness program, working with committee members to ensure meaningful programs and/or processes.
- Manage and Maintain all Student Rotations
- Process all Student Schedules
- Ensure and prepare for yearly student rotations
- Collaborate with all departments of the need of student rotations
- Actively participate in full Leadership Meetings and training.
- Set up rooms for meetings, interviews, trainings, and orientations.
- Management of staff recognition and engagement programs, Anniversary certificates and postings, Birthday posting, and Kudos program.
- Prepare ID badges for staff; work with Marketing to ensure business cards are completed.
- Manage the HRIS system with candidate and employee information; process/file necessary paperwork; ensure Payroll/Benefits are done timely & all necessary items for payroll deductions/changes.
- Maintain historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records; ensure personnel files are complete, organized, and filed securely.
- Work with the DPC to ensure up to date job descriptions are available and distributed to staff at time of hire, annual reviews, or as needed.
- In collaboration with the DPC, ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training leadership to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- In collaboration with the DPC, complete other processes (i.e.) terminations, performance reviews, disciplinary actions, investigations, employee requests, unemployment, employment verifications, etc. as requested or needed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other ODHC staff to ensure efficient daily operations of all departments.
- Keep updated on ODHC current events, changes in the workplace, policies, and procedures.
- Read email, Intranet, and other communication tools on a regular schedule and respond in a timely manner to requests, where applicable.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Qualifications:
- Post high school education or an associate degree in human resources or business-related field.
- A minimum of 3 years related work experience in human resources and payroll
- SHRM Certification preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to solve problems effectively.
- Confidence, professional judgement, and grace under pressure.
- Bi-lingual skills are a plus.
As a full-time, exempt employee, work outside of the typical workday will be necessary on occasion to facilitate the organization’s business. Travel is required to meetings, events and to support other clinic locations within the community and across the region. Means of travel and travel expenses will be reimbursed according to ODHC’s travel policy. Physical ability to sit for extended periods of time. Position requires repetitive use of fingers, hands, wrist in job related duties, i.e. telephone, computer. Complete range of motion, including fine motor skills and tactile sense of both hands. Able to lift 25 pounds. This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed and is not intended to serve as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities.
To apply for this job please visit odhc.bamboohr.com.