Website Minnesota Community Care
The Health Information Technician assists in managing daily operations of the medical records department to ensure comprehensive and current electronic medical records in order to support the safe provision of care.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities described. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Manage incoming fax documents by routing document appropriately to index folder, department folder, or print for provider review
- Prepare or route the documents for scanning, scanning of documents, indexing of documents into the EMR
- Manage release of information forms from MCC to outside sources
- Know, understand and adhere to organizational policy related to the patient’s rights for confidential care and HIPAA privacy requirements
- Seek to understand and meet the needs of customers (patients, families, vendors, co-workers, etc.) through respectful, courteous and culturally sensitive interactions
- Demonstrate effective, culturally sensitive communication skills and effectively
Who We Are
As Minnesota’s largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care. Our patients predominantly identify as people of color (80%), low-wealth (61% patients = 200% FPL), and un/under-insured (40% uninsured, 45% publicly insured) (UDS, 2020).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minnesota Community Care values building a culturally diverse staff that reflects the communities it serves, and strongly encourages women, minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply. Minnesota Community Care is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
Education and Experience
- High School or GED equivalent required
- Completion of Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) certification preferred
- Associate’s Degree or related healthcare certification preferred
- Experience in electronic medical records department preferred
- Bilingual Spanish/English or Hmong/English preferred
- Proof of COVID Vaccination Required, Religious and Medical Exemptions with be considered
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize duties, with ability to task-switch throughout the day
- Detail orientation, with strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain strictest confidentiality and adhere to the confidential policy of the clinic in all aspects of medical records environment
- Knowledge of principles and practices of medical records technology
- Knowledge of application of office and clinic procedures
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to sort and file paper/folders
- Requires use of office equipment such as computer, telephone, photocopier and fax machine
- Strong computer and data entry skills. Scanner when trained
- Ability to perform job function and make decisions without direct supervision
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to perform computer-related work. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This role also routinely comes into contact with patients who may have contagious illnesses.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 20 pounds.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.