Website Sawtooth Mountain Clinic
The Sawtooth Mountain Clinic (SMC) Health Information Manager is responsible for overseeing the secure and confidential management and handling of all electronic and/or other records to ensure compliance with HIPAA and all applicable laws, regulations, and SMC procedures. This includes serving as SMC’s Privacy Officer and managing all activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance of, and adherence to, SMC’s policies and procedures related to protected health information (PHI). The Health Information Manager supervises a high functioning Health Information team and works collaboratively with all departments to create and implement relevant policies, procedures, workflows, guidelines and training as necessary to support the proper handling and sharing of PHI according to SMC’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the current HIT environment, HIPAA regulations, and any other privacy policies and guidelines in order to provide for day to day compliance at SMC
- Manage all required breach determination and notification processes under HIPAA and applicable State breach rules and requirements
- Develop, manage, maintain, and ensure enforcement of policies and procedures related to HIPAA, PHI, and privacy
- Manage processes for documenting, tracking, investigating, and taking action in response to complaints, near misses, incidents, and breaches related to PHI and privacy
- Ensure SMC has and maintains privacy and confidentiality authorizations, notices, and forms that reflect SMC policy and all applicable laws and regulations
- Maintain competence in duties of Health Information Specialist and provide support to Health Information staff as necessary
- Participate in Clinical Quality Improvement, Facility Wide Quality Improvement, Risk Management, Corporate Compliance, and Department Management committees
- Collaborate with QI Manager in patient data management and mandatory reporting
- Other duties as requested by SMC’s Executive Director, Providers, and Health Care Home Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management, Health Information Technology or related field or certification as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) preferred
- Proven management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience with reporting software and data analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience with electronic health record software
- Strong understanding of confidentiality and security
- Familiarity with healthcare laws, regulations, and standards
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, and to be detail oriented
Salary: Commensurate with educational background and experience
Benefits: Excellent health and dental insurance, generous PTO, paid holidays, employer-funded 401k, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance.
Status: 40 hours/week, full-time, non-exempt
Sawtooth Mountain Clinic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit sawtoothmountainclinic.org.