Website Community Health Service, Inc.
Community Health Service Inc. is looking for a dynamic and dedicated Family Medicine Physician! We are a Federally Quality Health Center serving communities in both Minnesota and North Dakota. Federally Qualified Health Centers and the Community Health Center Movement began during the Civil Rights Movement, as organizations committed to breaking the bonds of systemic racism that left communities of color with vast health disparities and inequity in accessing quality care. As an organization, we are committed furthering this work of justice and equity by providing a health system where patients can access the highest quality of care and experience radical inclusion regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, or economic status. We are also to working towards dismantling systemic racism, ensuring that our patients and staff have a safe environment in which to be cared for and to work. We love to have you join our team and walk alongside us as we continue to stand in the gaps for patients who are often overlooked and underserved.
- Provide comprehensive medical services to patients at a high level of care and quality consistent with outpatient primary care scope of practice in a community clinic environment, including taking appropriate health history, performing physical examination, completing medical work-up, performing or ordering appropriate lab, imaging, and other tests, prescribing, ordering referrals, and implementing appropriate therapy according to standard medical practice. Address urgent, chronic, and preventive medical needs on an ongoing basis.
- Obtain appropriate consults when problems presented are outside the scope of practice or when unfamiliar with a particular aspect of the client’s care.
- Facilitate transfer of care to other clinicians when religious or personal beliefs interfere with the clinician’s ability to offer full care options.
- Provide health education to clinic patients and their families and answer questions and work closely with other clinic staff to recruit and retain the appropriate care managers that provide these services; expand and grow the overall provision of appropriate education and information, including follow-up, for patients.
- Provide patient-centered, compassionate, culturally sensitive care that addresses the full scope of patients’ health needs.
- Maintain overall efficiency of care delivery standards at or above the practice goal in order to sustain fiscal viability while maintaining high quality medical care as well as to demonstrate for the rest of the medical staff that the practice goal is reasonable and attainable with the support provided by the non-medical staff.
- Answer messages and sign off on clinical reports (consults, lab, x-rays, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Complete medical records in a timely manner on a daily basis with an appropriate level of documentation to support clinical care, coding and billing, compliance, and risk management.
- Complete and submit all billing in an agreed upon timely manner.
- Attend continuing education programs and provide evidence of necessary education completion to upgrade medical skills and maintain licensing requirements.
- Meet and maintain all criteria for CHSI’s Provider Credentialing/Privileges
- Current BLS certification.
- Unrestricted ability to obtain Medicare, Medicaid, and other payor credentialing.
- Current, valid and unrestricted State of Minnesota or North Dakota medical licensure.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of a M.D. or D.O. degree from an U.S. accredited medical school, school of osteopathy medicine, or FMG with ECFMG or Fifth pathway certification, with completion of a US accredited residency program in Family Medicine
- At least one year of recent experience in outpatient primary care practice.
- Previous management or leadership experience
- Experience in a FQHC setting preferred
WHAT ARE THE PERKS, YOU ASK?
- Outpatient Only (Patient Volume: 15-18 patients/day)
- Clinic covers state licensure, DEA certification, and board certification maintenance costs
- $2,000 and 5 days of CME/year
- CHSI facilities are deemed under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) for Medical Malpractice Insurance
- Loan Reimbursement Options: Our employees who work in clinical positions may be eligible for loan reimbursement of up to $145,000 through the National Health Service Corps! Visit http://www.nhsc.hrsa.gov for more information.
CHSI promotes a healthy work/life balance for employees through a generous time off program. Those eligible are offered:
- Snow Days: If the local public schools are closed/delayed due to storms, our CHSI employees in that area will have the day to work remotely from the safety of your home
- PTO accumulated from day one.
- Personal Days Off (PDO): In addition to PTO, we offer paid personal days each year.
- 12 Paid Holidays including a floating holiday of the employee’s choice
CHSI also provides retirement, medical, and insurance plans to employees. Those eligible may enroll in:
- 401K Retirement Plan, with a 4% company match!
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- HSA Health Savings Account and/or Flexible Spending Account
- Life & Disability Insurance (Short Term Disability premiums paid by CHSI)
- Supplemental Voluntary Benefits
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
If this role is a great fit for your skills & personality, please complete our quick online application on the right side of the page.
CHSI is an EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran friendly employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit chsiclinics.applicantpro.com.