Website Open Cities Health Center
The mission of Open Cities Health Center, Inc. is to provide culturally tailored primary and preventive health care and related services to all people throughout the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Our goal is to improve the health and wellbeing of high risk and vulnerable populations through the provision of affordable medical, dental, mental health, optometry, and chiropractic care and other support services.
Open Cities Health Center (OCHC) understands that employees play different but equally important roles. Everyone associated with OCHC must recognize the impact their role plays in our overall success. The success and future opportunities for individual employees is built around the overall success of the organization. Every OCHC employee, volunteer, student worker and contractor is to always project a professional image. Our practices remain consistent with OCHC ‘s mission and strategic plan. Because of this, staff, volunteers, and contractors strive to live by our values of:
Diversity Equity & Inclusion
We meet each other’s cultural needs and embrace our cultural differences and create an environment honoring each other’s dignity and contributions.
We create a caring environment that encourages healing, growth, and well-being, and delivers accessible and responsive health care and human services.
We earn the enduring goodwill of our clients, our patients, and their families, and we are accountable and hold ourselves to high standards.
Commitment to Excellence
We support the rapid diffusion of new ideas and new technology and deliver an integrated holistic approach to health and human services.
We treat each other fairly and behave ethically.
The Director of Finance is a strategic thought-partner and reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: finance, contract and grants management, business planning and budgeting, operations and facilities management, and Information Technology. Experience working at a Federally Qualified Health Center is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or related field. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Seven (7) years of experience in a non-profit financial and administrative management role that includes five (5) years of supervisory or managerial experience with demonstrated skill in financial management, budgeting, facilities management, contract, and vendor management.
- High functional knowledge and experience managing and executing Generally Acceptable Accounting Principles, Financial Accounting Standards, audit standards, Federal, State, and local accounting practices and standards as related to non-profit organizations.
- Experience in the development and management of fiscal policy and procedure to ensure funds are expended in a fiscally responsible manner and adheres to all agency standards.
- Proven experience developing and holding staff accountable to processes and standards, optimizing the performance of agency processes, and leveraging technology.
- Demonstrated strength in problem solving, planning, evaluation, and coordination of integrated services across an organization with an emphasis on collaboration and teamwork.
- Demonstrated success developing and monitoring metrics and tools to support decision making.
- Proven organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with people of various ages, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Advance PC skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Finance & Accounting Leadership Qualities:
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and community board finance committee to ensure the timely and successful completion of annual audits, IRS filings and other mandated reporting to maintain the 501c3 nonprofit status.
- Analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep CEO and Leadership Team updated on Open Cities Health Center’s financial status.
- Lead annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- In partnership with CEO communicate the financial health to Board of Directors and Finance committee.
- Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period; prepare financial reporting documents for government, corporate, and foundation grants.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting and work in partnership with appropriate staff; assess financial health of programs and establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations.
- Manage and track the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies and investment guidelines
- Direct the development, distribution and implementation of Finance policies and procedures. Ensure department policies and procedures are up to date consistent with overall agency policies and procedures. Direct the development of new policies as needed. Coordinate policy review with Human Resources, as needed.
- Manage business operations of the organization including insurance, contracts, leases and physical space, equipment and supplies, and storage of required documents to meet compliance standards.
Staff Development and Management
- Hire, supervise and train staff in accordance with established best practices and organizational protocols.
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance, providing coaching and mentoring.
- Leverage strengths of finance staff, help clarify roles and responsibilities.
- Strengthen internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Open Cities Health Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Open Cities Health Center is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
All job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation, and compliance with the U.S. Government Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. Open Cities Health Center requires proof of COVID-19 vaccine as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), immunity to vaccine preventable infectious diseases, prior to employment.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.