Website NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center
NorthPoint Health and Wellness Center is seeking to hire multiple Dentists to work in its fast-paced dental clinic. Candidates who are looking to serve in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) will be pleased to know that NorthPoint’s score is 23. Health care providers that help underserved communities are eligible for scholarship and loan repayment programs.
About these position types:
These are full-time, benefit-earning positions.
These positions are eligible to receive an additional cash merit of up to $27,619.99 that can be earned annually based on performance.
This position is internally classified as a Dentist.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
Effective September 1, 2021, all new job offers are conditional based on the candidate being fully vaccinated for COVID-19. “Fully vaccinated” means 14 days after receiving the second dose in a two-dose vaccination series approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on a full or emergency-use basis, or 14 days after receiving a single-dose vaccine approved by the FDA on a full or emergency-use basis. After a conditional job offer is made, the candidate must show proof of full vaccination prior to their start date. A COVID-19 vaccination card from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a vaccination record from your doctor’s office or a personal digital vaccination record constitutes sufficient “proof.” The candidate must also attest they are vaccinated by completing a form on the first day of employment. Reasonable accommodations to this vaccination requirement will be considered upon request by a candidate for medical or religious reasons as required by applicable law.
Location and hours:
These positions are located at 1313 Penn Avenue North, Minneapolis, Minnesota. Clinic hours are Monday and Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. (Work hours will vary).
In these positions, you will:
- Diagnose and treat diseases, decay, and other conditions of the oral cavity.
- Examine hard and soft tissues of the oral cavity and surrounding structures for disease and other abnormalities.
- Perform, read, evaluate, and interpret x-ray procedures.
- Chart patient’s oral condition and devise treatment plans.
- Administer nitrous oxide analgesia and local anesthesia.
- Perform operative, endodontic, fixed and removable prosthetic, and oral surgery procedures; may perform periodontal surgery, oral biopsies, and limited orthodontic treatment.
- Confer with patient and/or patient’s parent or guardian regarding dental treatment plan.
- Enter and retrieve information from Dentrix electronic dental records.
Need to have:
- Graduated from a school of dentistry with a DMD, DDS, or equivalent dentistry degree as determined by the Minnesota Board of Dentistry for Licensure.
- Possession of a valid license to practice dentistry issued by the State of Minnesota Board of Dentistry or ability to attain State of Minnesota license to practice upon employment.
Nice to have:
- Current registration with the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) to administer and prescribe controlled drugs.
- Certification in the administration of nitrous oxide.
- Using Dentrix or other electronic dental record systems.
- As a dentist in a community health clinic.
- Treating pedodontic patients.
- Ability to respect, appreciate, and promote teamwork among diverse co-workers and patients.
About the department:
NorthPoint Health and Wellness Center actively partners to create a healthier community and works to provide a highly desirable place for health care that values diversity/inclusion, compassion, stewardship, innovation, and integrity.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals — that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This position will have access to systems or other documentation that contains HIPAA data.
To be considered, applicants must submit a cover letter. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Posting will remain open until filled.
Final candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check.
Candidates must pass a language assessment to qualify for bilingual duties and pay.
If you have any questions, please contact:
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.