Website People's Center Clinics & Services
Join our organization whose mission is improving lives, transforming communities, and achieving health equity for everyone. People’s Center Clinics & Services (PCCS) is a Federally Qualified Health Center located in the heart of Minneapolis, Minnesota. We are physicians, dentists, nurses, social workers, care coordinators, and other healthcare and administrative staff, and serve nearly 10,000 patients every year through medical, dental, and behavioral services.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
• Health, Dental, and vision insurance
• Retirement plan with company contribution
• 4 weeks of paid time off
• 8 annual holidays
• Company paid life insurance benefit
• Company-paid Short -Term and Long-Term Disability benefits
• National Health Service Corps loan forgiveness approved site
• Company paid continuing education dollars and days
• License and certification expense reimbursement
People’s Center Clinics & Services is a nationally recognized community health center delivering high-quality, affordable, and culturally relevant healthcare since 1970. We offer a full range of integrated primary care, behavioral health, and oral health services. You can schedule an appointment that suits your schedule or walk-in to our clinics and be seen the same day when needed. All people are welcome here without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, financial status or ability to pay. For more information go to https://www.peoples-center.org/
Perform a variety of dental procedures to diagnose and treat conditions of the mouth and teeth. General tasks include examining x-rays, filling cavities, repairing teeth, extracting teeth, and and design dentures. Perform surgical procedures such as implants to replace missing teeth, and tissue grafts to treat gum disease.
- Graduate from an accredited dental school
- Current Minnesota state medical license
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Medicinal Dentistry (DMD)
- Current CPR
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities.
- Knowledge of symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
- Ability to use current dental software and medical software
- The ability to distinguish letters and symbols as well as the ability to utilize telephones, computer terminals and copiers is required.
- Exhibit ethical conduct befitting a Dentist.
- Have appropriate professional attire when seeing patients in the clinic.
- Be respectful of patients and other clinic staff.
- Conduct his/her behavior in accordance with appropriate federal and state laws, and in accordance with the regulations of the State of Minnesota
- Render appropriate, Timely care to patients during their visit.
- Document each patient interaction in chart completely and in a timely manner.
- Submit coding for the visit and any procedures performed.
- Use masks, gloves and safety glasses to protect themselves and their patients from infectious diseases.
- Administer anesthetics to limit the amount of pain experienced by patients during procedures.
- Examine teeth, gums, and related tissues, using dental instruments, x-rays, and other diagnostic equipment, to evaluate dental health, diagnose diseases or abnormalities, and plan appropriate treatments.
- Formulate plan of treatment for patient’s teeth and mouth tissue.
- Use air turbine and hand instruments, dental appliances and surgical implements.
- Advise and instruct patients regarding preventive dental care, the causes and treatment of dental problems, and oral health care services.
- Design, make, and fit prosthodontic appliances such as space maintainers, bridges, and dentures, or write fabrication instructions or prescriptions for dental technicians.
- Diagnose and treat diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth, gums and related oral structures, and provide preventive and corrective services.
- Fill pulp chamber and canal with endodontic materials.
- Write prescriptions
- Complete correspondence in a timely fashion.
- Return telephone calls to patients in a timely fashion, preferable on the day received, and document the conversation in the chart.
- Participate in quality assurance activities, as requested by clinic.
- Be available for emergency after clinic calls
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.