Website Indian Health Board
This position exists to ensure the provision of quality dental care.
- Provide skilled dental treatment so clients will receive total dental care.
- Follow established policies and procedures for dental practice to comply with the Quality Assurance minimum standards set by the Indian Health Board of Minneapolis. Participate in semi-annual record audits as part of the ongoing Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement program.
- Establish consulting relationships with dental specialists to ensure clients receive the benefits of services not provided by the clinic.
- Chart complete and detailed services on all clients at the time of service to ensure records are kept accurate and complete.
- Provide dental education to clients and community groups as requested.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings as schedule permits.
- Assist in daily management and direction of auxiliary personnel.
- Provides information on good health, wellness and disease prevention to patients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Some management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge and respect of the American Indian culture.
- Doctor of Dental Science (DDS) and graduate of an accredited school of dentistry.
- Must have licensure in the state of Minnesota.
- Community Health Experience desired.
- Desire to work in a multi-cultural community clinic setting.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
As needed to maintain competency and skills in related areas and to maintain dental license.
1-4 years’ experience, new grads may apply.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of children up and in excess of 50 pounds. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities such as above-average agility and dexterity. The work environment involves high risks with exposure to potentially dangerous situations requiring a range of safety and other precautions.
Important: The COVID vaccine is required at Indian Health Board
To apply for this job please visit indianhealthboard.isolvedhire.com.