Website Open Cities Health Center
Open Cities Health Center is a nonprofit community health center that has been serving thousands of people since 1967. We are also a federally qualified health center (FQHC) which means we receive a federal grant to see low-income, uninsured and underinsured patients.
The mission of Open Cities Health Center is to provide culturally competent primary and preventive health care and related services to all people throughout the Twin Cities metropolitan area. The goal is to improve the health and well-being of high risk and vulnerable populations through the provision of affordable medical and dental care and related services.
Open Cities Health Center is recognized for assuring that every citizen of the Twin Cities metropolitan area has access to quality preventative, primary health care and related services, regardless of ability to pay. Open Cities Health Center, Inc. is recognized as the preferred healthcare provider for all citizens and tax payers in the Twin Cities metropolitan area, while empowering people to improve their quality of life and their life chances.
Ethical Principles and Practices Open Cities Health Center (OCHC) understands that employees play different but equally important roles. Everyone associated with OCHC must recognize the impact their role plays in our overall success. The success and future opportunities for individual employees is built around the overall success of the organization. Every OCHC employee, volunteer, student worker and contractor is to always project a professional image. Our practices remain consistent with OCHC ‘s mission and strategic plan. Because of this, staff, volunteers, and contractors strive to live by our values of:
Diversity / Inclusion
We meet each other’s cultural needs and embrace our cultural differences and create an environment honoring each other’s dignity and contributions.
We create a caring environment that encourages healing, growth, and well-being, and delivers accessible and responsive health care and human services.
We earn the enduring goodwill of our clients, our patients, and their families, and we are accountable and hold ourselves to high standards.
Commitment to Excellence
We support the rapid diffusion of new ideas and new technology and deliver an integrated holistic approach to health and human services.
We treat each other fairly and behave ethically.
Manage all activities of the Dental Department, including supervising all Dental staff. Handling procedures involving patient-clinic interactions. Also assisting with dental providers/assistants, as needed. Will work in close association and under the supervision of the Dental Director.
- Provides superior patient service demonstrating responsiveness and sensitivity to patient needs with urgency to resolve any patient dissatisfaction in accordance with patient needs, company policies and procedures, government regulations and dental board standards.
- Serves as the main point person for the office and daily operation.
- Dental staff scheduling – Staffs and motivates the office team for optimal practice performance.
- Takes initiative, holding team and self-accountable to the highest standards of performance and behavior.
- Submitting pretreatment estimates/prior authorization to insurance. Working with patients and billing team on major dental treatment plan and billing.
- Submitting referrals, overseeing incoming and outgoing medical and/or dental documents
- Handling incoming/outgoing dental calls, screen phone calls.
- Ordering dental supplies.
- Ensuring department compliance with radiation safety protocol.
- Acts as the liaison between the dental provider and lab for prosthodontic cases.
- Oversees and maintains sterilization logs.
- Maintain a call list of patients and fill in canceled appointments. Confirm appointments.
- Oversees general maintenance in department including mechanical, IT.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Maintain protocols and guidelines as they relate to patient privacy (HIPPA) and team member safety (OSHA)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Resourcefulness is a bonus.
- Strong desire to succeed, exceeds goals, and maximizes opportunities.
- Demonstrates the ability to solve common problems and to provide immediate solutions.
- Demonstrates the ability to build relationships, both internally and with patients.
- Ability to work effectively with difficult people.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office business applications and other office related products.
- Knowledge of dental terminology.
- Ability to perform light physical activity (reaching, bending, lifting).
- Attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Dental Assistant degree.
- 2 years of Office management and Dental Billing.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Open Cities Health Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Open Cities Health Center is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.