Website People's Center Clinics & Services
Join our organization whose mission is improving lives, transforming communities and achieving health equity for everyone. People’s Center Clinics & Services (PCCS) is a Federally Qualified Health Center located in the heart of Minneapolis, Minnesota. We are physicians, dentists, nurses, social workers, care coordinators and other healthcare and administrative staff, and serve nearly 10,000 patients every year through medical, dental, and behavioral services.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
• Health, Dental, and vision insurance
• Retirement plan with company contribution
• 4 weeks of paid time off
• 8 annual holidays
• Company paid life insurance benefit
• Company-paid Short -Term and Long-Term Disability benefits
People’s Center Clinics & Services is a nationally recognized community health center delivering high-quality, affordable, and culturally relevant healthcare since 1970. We offer a full range of integrated primary care, behavioral health, and oral health services. You can schedule an appointment that suits your schedule or walk-in to our clinics and be seen the same day when needed. All people are welcome here without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, financial status or ability to pay. For more information go to https://www.peoples-center.org/
Under the supervision of the Dentist, performs clinical dental hygiene and related services, off-site outreach programs and other related work as assigned by the Dentist and/or Chief Operating Officer (COO).
Completion of an accredited dental hygiene course, RDH license, and Dental Hygiene licensure in Minnesota.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Good clinical skills in adult and child prophylaxis, management of Class I and II periodontal patients and diagnostic x-rays.
- Ability to recognize pathology and perform charting and preliminary exams. Skill in patient dental health education and oral hygiene instruction. Ability to establish and manage efficient scheduling.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people of cultural and socioeconomic diversity.
- Ability to interact positively with staff. Ability to keep current with developments in dentistry.
- Bilingual preferred
- Performs dental cleanings including scaling, polishing, and root planning.
- Screens patients for medical conditions, oral pathology and periodontal disease.
- Exposes clinically diagnostic x-rays.
- Gives oral hygiene instructions to patients.
- Completes relevant forms in dental charts.
- Polishes restorations, places temporary restorations and dental sealants.
- Follows sterilization protocols.
- Maintains performance standards and assists in quality assurance.
- Performs dental outreach activities.
- Assists Dentist in administrative duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.