Website Open Cities Health Center
The mission of Open Cities Health Center, Inc. is to provide culturally tailored primary and preventive health care and related services to all people throughout the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Our goal is to improve the health and wellbeing of high risk and vulnerable populations through the provision of affordable medical, dental, mental health, optometry, and chiropractic care and other support services.
Open Cities Health Center (OCHC) understands that employees play different but equally important roles. Everyone associated with OCHC must recognize the impact their role plays in our overall success. The success and future opportunities for individual employees is built around the overall success of the organization. Every OCHC employee, volunteer, student worker and contractor is to always project a professional image. Our practices remain consistent with OCHC ‘s mission and strategic plan. Because of this, staff, volunteers, and contractors strive to live by our values of:
Diversity Equity & Inclusion
We meet each other’s cultural needs and embrace our cultural differences and create an environment honoring each other’s dignity and contributions.
We create a caring environment that encourages healing, growth, and well-being, and delivers accessible and responsive health care and human services.
We earn the enduring goodwill of our clients, our patients, and their families, and we are accountable and hold ourselves to high standards.
Commitment to Excellence
We support the rapid diffusion of new ideas and new technology and deliver an integrated holistic approach to health and human services.
We treat each other fairly and behave ethically.
- Able to work at both Open Cities locations in St. Paul; 916 Rice Street and 409 North Dunlap Street..
- Performs dental cleanings including scaling, polishing, and root planning.
- Screens patients for medical conditions, oral pathology and periodontal disease.
- Exposes clinically diagnostic x-rays.
- Gives oral hygiene instructions to patients.
- Completes relevant forms in dental charts.
- Polishes restorations, places temporary restorations and dental sealants.
- Follows sterilization protocols.
- Maintains performance standards and assists in quality assurance.
- Performs dental outreach activities.
- Supervises hygiene students.
- Assists dental director in administrative duties as assigned.
- Autoclave sterilization and maintenance of dental equipment
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Familiar with Dental tools and terminology
- Good clinical skills in adult and child prophylaxis, management of Class I and II periodontal patients’ diagnostic x-rays.
- Ability to recognize pathology and perform charting and preliminary exams.
- Skill in patient dental health education and oral hygiene instruction.
- Ability to establish and manage efficient scheduling.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people of cultural and socioeconomic diversity.
- Ability to interact positively with staff.
- Ability to keep current with developments in dentistry.
- Completion of an accredited Dental Hygiene course,
- RDH license
- Dental Hygiene licensure in Minnesota.
- CPR Certified
- 3+ years as Dental Hygienist or related field experience preferred
- Requires flexibility: Working and traveling between two locations’
- ‘Work Location: Multiple locationsWork Remotely No
Open Cities Health Center requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.