Website Lake Superior Community Health Center
The Dental Clinic Manager plans and coordinates day-to-day dental clinic operations to ensure effective care and service and efficient patient flow. Responsible for supervising and maintaining dental operating support systems including goal setting, planning, policy and procedure development, quality assurance and improvement, and supervision and competency of front desk staff, dental assistants, and dental hygienists. Responsible for human resources management in order to achieve successful operations and positive employee relations.
- Manage patient waiting lists, while keeping accurate and efficient patient scheduling to achieve high levels of practice productivity.
- Monitor and manage electronic patient and provider scheduling system.
- Coordinate and attend staff meetings as necessary.
- Maintain Dental Clinic policy and procedure manual.
- Oversee and manage patient financial arrangements and explanations of financial programs and policies as necessary.
- Account for customer relations and patient satisfaction.
- Manages patient schedule and assures adequate coverage during all hours of operation.
- Work closely with billing staff to assure timely and accurate submission of claims and prior authorization requests.
- Monitor purchases in accordance with purchase order system.
- Verify and approve outside lab invoices with returned appliances and verify prices and receipt of supply or maintenance and service invoices and approve for payment.
- Provide for day-to-day operations of the dental clinic.
- Conduct departmental audits/productivity and provides feed back to staff
- Ensure adequate staff scheduling and coverage and time recording.
- Assess or assign the triage of patients who either call or walk in for appropriateness for treatment.
- Ensure the verification of patient insurance coverage and collection of all required data, including demographic, insurance, no show, etc.
- Ensure prior authorizations are approved prior to client appointment.
- Participate in the hiring of employees.
- Perform annual employee evaluations by assessing competency and job performance.
- Provide ongoing staff development including orientations, training and/or continuing education consistent with LSCHC needs, goals and objectives.
- Conduct employee disciplinary procedures with appropriate documentation according you established HR practices.
- Serve as a role model for all employees through adherence to and positive support of all LSCHC policies, programs, and activities.
- Responsible for personal compliance with LSCHC policies and procedures
- Maintains client confidentiality
- Monitor department purchases
- Verify and approve invoices
- Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job please visit lschc.org.