Website Open Door Health Center
This position offers a sign-on bonus for a fulltime Dental Assistant.
We also offer full benefits as well as a Monday – Thursday schedule with Fridays off.
Our team members tell us they work at Open Door because it feels so good to make a difference in the lives of many who are underserved. Open Door is a federally qualified community health center providing medical, dental, and behavioral health (mental health services) to individuals and families throughout south central Minnesota, regardless of their ability to pay. Patients come from more than 25 counties to our Mankato and Jordan, MN clinics. We serve patients who are geographically isolated in rural areas, and many who have other barriers to healthcare. These include cultural and language barriers, poverty, homelessness, and many others. Open Door reaches into the community providing mobile clinical services and increasing access through telehealth services. When you become part of Team Open Door you are making a difference in the communities we serve. Come join us!
The Dental Assistant is responsible for providing chair-side dental assistance for the provider to ODHC patients in a professional and patient-focused manner, using established dental procedures and techniques. Additionally, he/she provides dental education and works in a team environment in an effective and efficient manner to ensure optimum patient centered care.
Dental Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Assist the dental provider and/or dental hygienist and is chair-side in providing dental treatment.
- Anticipate needs for dental procedures; prepare dental materials and handle instrument transfers.
- Seat patients and do preliminary evaluation of their health history and any chief complaints; report all findings to the dental provider/hygienist in a professional manner.
- Professional and courteously manage patients during dental procedures.
- Inform patients of and explain dental procedures being performed.
- Conduct dental charting and ensure patient information is entered timely and correctly into the patient’s electronic record in Dentrix.
- Provide patient education relative to proper dental hygiene and care.
- Perform dental laboratory procedures following department and OSHA protocols with regards to safety and infection control.
- Set up and clean rooms before and after each patient/procedure using standard processes.
- Prepare and maintain dental instruments, supplies and equipment and assist with instrument cleaning, sterilization/disinfection and recirculation as required.
- Practice dental procedure isolation technique and conduct dental treatment disinfection.
- Be cooperative, helpful, and a positive role model with dental assisting and/or hygiene student rotations.
- Maintain necessary CPR certification as required by Minnesota state law and ODHC policy.
- Know, understand, and ensure adherence to the organization’s policy related to the patients’ right for confidential care and HIPAA.
- Keep updated on ODHC current events, changes in the workplace, policies, and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Dental Assistant Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Qualifications:
- Experience working with a diverse population of people.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Confidence, professional judgement, and grace under pressure.
- Bi-lingual skills are a plus.
This position is a non-exempt, Monday through Thursday (four 10-hour days) position with flexibility needed for providers’ schedules and clinic hours. Frequent travel is required to meetings, events, and schools within the community and across the region.
Physical ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Position requires repetitive use of fingers, hands, wrist in job related duties, i.e., tools, computer. Complete range of motion, including fine motor skills and tactile sense of both hands. Able to lift 25 pounds. In addition, this position requires the use of additional PPE and a respirator “fit test”, including, but not limited to, face shield, face mask, gown, gloves, goggles, etc. This is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It is not intended to serve as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills and responsibilities required of personnel so classified.
Please apply or reach out to Esther directly with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit odhc.bamboohr.com.