Website United Family Medicine
United Family Medicine is a Federally-Qualified Health Center in St. Paul, where patients receive community-based Family Practice medical care in addition to mental health, dentistry, social work and other integrated services. When joining UFM, you become part of a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming team who are dedicated to serving our patients and pursuing our mission to deliver excellent healthcare for all and training for the providers of tomorrow.
United Family Medicine is seeking a full-time Clinic RN to support our Nursing department. This position is accountable for the coordination of nursing care and patient/family dedication via in-person and telephone-based care. This position will support professional nursing practice across the continuum of care to meet the needs of the patient and family utilizing internal and external resources. The Clinic RN utilizes nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Triaging incoming calls from clients, assessing needs, giving appropriate clinical options and facilitating appointments with providers, health care facilities, and community resources.
- Determine the urgency of seeing the patient based on provided triage protocols and nursing assessment. Recognizes patients in emergent situations and refers them to the emergency room or to call emergency services.
- Provide appropriate education to patients for self-care and preventative behaviors.
- Ensure accurate notes of all consultations and treatments are recorded in the patients’ records.
- Communicate with provider teams regarding patient needs.
- Ensure accurate and timely refill of medications based on triage or urgent needs. Process refill requests received electronically from pharmacies and submit Prior Authorization requests as needed. Route medications nursing is unable to refill per scope of practice to providers for review.
- Assist providers with assessment and treatment of patients for acute and chronic needs including education, wound care, acute and chronic disease management, etc.
- Work with an interdisciplinary care team with providers, medical assistants, community health workers, diabetic educators, etc., to coordinate and provide care of patients for acute and chronic needs.
- Care coordination through internal and external resources including home health agencies insurance companies, pharmacies, clinics, and hospitals to coordinate patient care throughout the healthcare spectrum.
- Collaborate with community health workers to manage complex patients enrolled in Healthcare Home Program.
- Review patient communications via MyChart to ensure timely responses from appropriate healthcare team members.
- Duties, as needed to ensure patient needs and clinic flow needs are met in regards to patients, triaged and urgent patient care needs as they present to the clinic.
- Observe and identify patient needs and report and /or resolve them as appropriate.
- Collaborate with provider teams to provide effective, efficient care for patients in person and by telephone.
- Document patient interactions clearly and succinctly utilizing within the electronic health record.
- Utilizing internal and external interpreter services to communicate effectively with patients both in-person and by phone.
- Meet with patients in person and/or electronically and provide guidance and education on a variety of conditions: diabetes, asthma management, pregnancy, etc.
- Work with the Certified Diabetic Educator to manage and educate patients with newly diagnosed or undermanaged diabetes.
- Communicate appropriately and tactfully with patients, family members, clinical staff, and providers.
- Reduce conflict and increase patient satisfaction whenever possible through timely response to calls.
Perform other tasks as assigned.
- RN Degree with current MN licensure is required.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- A minimum of two years of clinical or related nursing experience is required.
- Experience providing triage and acuity assessment is preferred.
- Ambulatory care experience (and one year of specialty care experience when applicable) is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Minnesota RN License
- BLS certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to assess patients for care and treatment in person and by telephone.
- The ability to provide positive customer service skills to impact the experience of care for our patients, external customers, and internal service partners.
- Knowledge of clinical equipment and database tools used for patient care.
- Ability to follow operational policies and procedures and keep within the scope of practice.
- Ability to work collaboratively on clinical issues.
- Must be able to identify problems and bring to resolution.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication.
- Ability to perform support functions as needed.
- Ability to prepare and maintain detailed records, files, reports and other correspondence.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work in conjunction with appropriate site management team members.
- Ability to perform the job in accordance with United Family Medicine’s Standards of Business Conduct, which includes compliance, ethics and integrity, confidentiality, protection of assets and avoidance of conflicts of interest and inappropriate business relationships.
There are many benefits to joining our team but a few of the highlights include:
- Great culture and team atmosphere.
- Paid holidays.
- Generous PTO accrual with immediate access.
- 403 (b) retirement plan with the company match and 100% vested immediately.
- Benefits enrollment starts the first of the month after the hire date.
- Health insurance plan options and HSA plans with an employer contribution. Dental, vision, short-term disability, HSA, health care and dependent care FSA options.
UFM is an equal opportunity employer.
Beginning January 4, 2022, all job offers are conditioned on the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine authorized for emergency use or FDA-approved. A person is only considered “fully vaccinated” two weeks after receiving a single J&J vaccine or a second Pfizer or Moderna vaccine shot.
In addition, job offers made during flu season are conditioned on the candidate receiving the annual flu vaccination before their start date.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 – $37.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
All UFM employees must be vaccinated.
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- RN (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.