Website United Family Medicine
United Family Medicine is a Federally-Qualified Health Center in St. Paul, where patients receive community-based Family Practice medical care in addition to mental health, dentistry, social work and other integrated services. When joining UFM, you become part of a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming team who are dedicated to serving our patients and pursuing our mission to deliver excellent healthcare for all and training for the providers of tomorrow.
United Family Medicine is seeking a full-time Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to oversee all financial operations of United Family Medicine, a Federally Qualified Health Center. The CFO reports to the CEO and is a member of the Executive Team.
- Responsible for all financial, accounting, related reporting, procedures, and internal controls.
- Provide strategic financial leadership in collaboration with the CEO, and executive team.
- Manage payer relationships and negotiate contracts in partnership with the CEO.
- Responsible for the supervision of the annual independent audit.
- Develop, recommend and implement accounting and operational policies, procedures, and processes that assure organized, efficient, and compliant management systems.
- As an integral member of the senior management team, participate in and provide input into leadership decisions.
- Provide information, insight, and guidance with respect to financial and operational issues in the clinic
- Manage payroll, purchasing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, finance and general accounting functions.
- Responsible for the recruitment, supervision, training, and evaluation of staff.
- Responsible for the clinic’s relationship with federal and state tax authorities, and government regulators.
- Ensure all insurance coverage including D&O, malpractice, general, property, etc. are in place each year.
- Provide fiscal management of all grants and contracts.
- Support fundraising function of the organization.
- Supervise the preparation of all financial reporting to regulatory parties (i.e. FSR, UDS, Medicare, HRSA, IRS Form 990, state tax returns, etc.)
- Attend the finance committee meeting of the clinic’s Board of Directors and present the current fiscal situation. Also, attend the meetings of and report to the Board of Directors at the request of the Chief Executive Officer.
- Prepare and manage organizational and grant budgets.
- Ensure that expenditures adhere to legal and budgetary requirements.
- Work with Business Office to maximize cash flow and ensure proper accounting of the billing and collection functions.
- Manage cash and investments of the organization.
- Manage effective relationships with banking and other related fiscal entities.
- All other duties as assigned by the CEO.
Perform other tasks as assigned.
Direct reports include Senior Controller, payroll and accounting staff, business office staff, and related contracted staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate the highest-level financial, administrative, and ethical practices towards the achievement of UFM priorities.
- Ability to manage financial and administrative performance toward priority goals and objectives.
- Understanding of clinic and residency activities. Ability to delineate clinic and residency activities leading to the achievement of the clinic’s budget and operational targets.
- Lead financial staff by example toward productivity and program achievements.
- Ability to work as a leadership team member to help achieve clinic and community priorities.
- Interface financial and administrative activities toward patient-centered care and delivery.
- Interface financial and administrative decision-making toward the achievement of UFM patient-centered goals and objectives.
- Balance UFM program and budget goals and objectives.
- Understand and position clinic financial goals and objectives toward the successful achievement of the clinic budget and financial targets.
- Ability to lead a diverse group of staff towards achievement of financial and operational goals.
- Knowledge of community health center reimbursement and regulatory environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field from an accredited institution is required.
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Management or related field is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of senior-level management experience leading financial/accounting team is required.
- Experience working in a health care environment is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience supporting the fundraising function of a non-profit organization is required.
- Experience in FQHC environment is strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification is preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
There are many benefits to joining our team but a few of the highlights include:
- Great culture and team atmosphere.
- Paid holidays.
- Generous PTO accrual with immediate access.
- 403 (b) retirement plan with the company match and 100% vested immediately.
- Benefits enrollment starts the first of the month after the hire date.
- Health insurance plan options and HSA plans with an employer contribution. Dental, vision, short-term disability, HSA, health care and dependent care FSA options.
UFM is an equal opportunity employer.
Beginning January 4, 2022, all job offers are conditioned on the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine authorized for emergency use or FDA-approved. A person is only considered “fully vaccinated” two weeks after receiving a single J&J vaccine or a second Pfizer or Moderna vaccine shot.
In addition, job offers made during flu season are conditioned on the candidate receiving the annual flu vaccination before their start date.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
All UFM employees must be vaccinated.
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- sr. level management of accounting/financial team: 10 years (Required)
- supporting nonprofit fundraising function: 1 year (Required)
- Certified Management Accountant (Preferred)
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.