Website Community Health Service, Inc.
The LPN’s primary job function is to promote efficient clinic flow by assisting the provider and/or nurse with day-to-day tasks, perform functions within the laboratory, assist patients with clinic paperwork as necessary, and interpret and translate for CHSI staff as needed.
- Completes pre-visit preparation documentation
- Assists the provider and/or nurse with health-related tasks such as collecting and recording vital signs, basic in-house labs, calling patients with lab results, and other duties assigned by clinical staff.
- Assists the nurse or provider with minor office procedures, examinations, patient education, and referrals.
- Assists patients with signing a release of information forms and faxing vaccination consents, and procedural consents.
- At the discretion of the RN, preps and administers vaccinations as needed.
- Interprets and translates for CHSI staff as necessary.
- Completes intake of scheduled patients and promotes efficient clinic flow, assuring everything is done for the patient before they leave.
- Collects and prepares human samples for analysis. Stores samples appropriately. Uses appropriate labeling. Works collaboratively with staff to collect the appropriate specimen using sterile technique.
- Adheres to correct testing procedures. Performs tests in chemistry, hematology, coagulation, microbiology, and urinalysis. Able to recognize sources of error and limitations of the method.
- Uses analyzers and instrumentation according to manuals. Troubleshoots problems take corrective actions and seek assistance from Quest Diagnostics or supervisor as necessary.
- Uses the bidirectional interface within Centricity to process labs and charts results in the patient’s electronic health record.
- Prepares, labels, and stores reagents. Inspects new lots of reagents and media and tracks expiration dates.
- Performs Quality Control specimens at required frequencies. Takes corrective action when controls are out of range. Documents and retains all Quality Control data for three years.
- Assures that patient results are accurate. Specimens sent to Quest Diagnostics are monitored to assure that reports are received in a timely manner.
- Knowledgeable of the regulations governing laboratory testing and adheres to those regulations.
- Knowledgeable of the safety policies and adheres to those policies. Maintains a safe, clean, and orderly work area at all times.
- Assistance is performed in a professional, caring, and helpful manner to ensure patients receive care and assistance in a timely and efficient manner.
- At the start of the day, start the lab computer and all the machines within the lab.
- Helps with the maintenance of the vaccine storage unit
- Performs monthly autoclave maintenance, consisting of cleaning and spore testing.
- Performs a weekly inventory of the lab, assuring there is at least a two-week supply of all equipment.
- Performs and maintains patient confidentiality on electronic devices at all times.
- Performs duties essential to the position and organization.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Expected to be prepared to start shift at the scheduled time, meet attendance standards, and work the hours necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Conforms safety policies and general housekeeping practices.
- Demonstrates sound work ethics, flexible, and shows dedication to the position and the community CHSI serves.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, is respectful, and possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity toward patients and co-workers.
- Keeps customer service and the mission of the organization in mind when interacting with all patients, co-workers, and others.
- Education: high school diploma
- Certification/Licensure: CPR, CMA accepted, but will also train in house
- Good communication skills are required in both English and Spanish.
- Must be a self-motivated individual with good organizational skills.
- Experience working in the healthcare field is preferred, but not necessary.
- Must have good computer skills.
Reports to site manager
To apply for this job please visit chsiclinics.applicantpro.com.