Website NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center
The mission of NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center’s (NorthPoint) is to create a healthier community. Three pillars provide the foundation for serving the North Minneapolis community: Whole-Person Integrated Care, Building Community Well-Being and Health Equity.
Whole-Person Integrated Care
NorthPoint offers a continuum of social and health services that integrates medical, dental, and behavioral health with human services to improve quality of life. We strive to serve our community by addressing the physical, behavioral, social, and spiritual aspects of health in culturally responsive and trauma-informed ways.
Building Community Well-Being
A community’s sense of well-being includes social, economic, environmental, cultural, and political conditions identified by the members of a community as essential for them to “flourish and fulfill their potential.” To build and nurture community well-being, we must understand that population we serve to improve their health, safety, and access to the services they need.
NorthPoint is committed to health equity that requires valuing everyone. We strive to reduce the social, economic, and health inequities experienced by the community and the people we serve. We work with community partners to support people in reaching their full health potential.
General Job Statement:
The Behavioral Health Intake and Outreach Worker is responsible for managing referrals made to the Behavioral Health Department by both internal and external partners as well as patients who may self-refer. The staff will be responsible for following up on each referral received, completing an intake for behavioral health services, completing registration and insurance activities, scheduling an appointment, and documenting all services provided. The staff member will also provide outreach to adults and families residing in North Minneapolis and surrounding communities who may benefit from behavioral health services. Conduct outreach activities in various locations, including schools, homeless encampments, and other community events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Public Health, Community Health Worker or related field, required.
- Minimum experience of 1-year working with diverse populations including, but not limited to, African American, Indigenous, and LGBTQIA+ communities.
- 1-year experience presenting information to individuals and/or groups. Must be comfortable and competent with public speaking.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills working with a multi-cultural environment.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel and computer tracking database.
- Bi-lingual in Hmong, Somali or Spanish, a plus.
To apply for this job please visit northpointhealth.isolvedhire.com.